Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hot Air Balloons in the Cold

The weather was very tolerable by local standards.  So, not wanting to let a perfectly good winter day go to waste, it was time to celebrate the Chinese New Year midwest style:  with hot air balloons!



OK...I know this blog is supposed to focus on portraits.  But, when you get there late, this is what you get.   And no, the parents are not torturing the kids in the wagon.  It REALLY wasn't that cold!

More pics coming in the next few days..of portraits taken at this event.  I promise!

5 comments:

  1. It was a fun event. Nice to chat with you for a little while (my wife was bundled up in the purple hooded coat and scarf... you took her picture). Check out my blog, too. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick,

    I remember both of you and, if I recall, took photos of you both. They should be published over the next few days. Nice blog you have there! But, the banjo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, the banjo is pretty central to who I am. I don't play in public as much as I used to, but once in a while you might find me. And I don't think you took my picture. Or at least, the fellow whose picture is posted alongside my wife's isn't me, but that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick,

    I couldn't remember if I had taken your photo or not. I made the assumption that you were the person in the fur hat. His photo, and the photo of your wife, were in sequence on the camera. But, I just couldn't be sure. Regardless, I liked both of their smiles. And, the hats were GREAT.

    I am a guitar player. But, it's been a while since I've been serious about it. Think fingerstyle and classical. I never sing. My brother was a banjo player. We had a lot of fun growing up. And, we made a lot of noise.

    Please keep in touch! We may need to cross paths. You can leave me your contact information in a comment and I won't post it.

    Be safe. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic article, it’s very comprehensive and exciting! it’s so helpful to me, and your weblog is very good. I am definitely going to share this URL with my friends. Just bookmarked this site.!

    ReplyDelete