Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Wall Ball: Part 3

It was sometime after I met my friend and photographer Oleg that I first ran into "Steam Punk".  He had photographed several people wearing the style and I became determined to find out more about the attire. 

Since that time, I've wanted to find a few local events that may encourage the Steam Punk style.   The wait came to an end at The Wall Ball!

Meet one of the models who was posing for an artist.




Here she is again, fully armed with the very latest Steam Punk concealable handgun..or mini-cannon!  I wonder if that straps to a thigh holster!



One of her friends was the young lady below.  She was wearing a jacket and I noticed her hat.  So, I asked whether I could take her portrait for the blog.  She removed her jacket, handed it to her gentleman friend, and struck this pose.  It was crowded and I had just a moment for the shot while trying hard to not include background people.  I was disappointed in the image because it isn't sharp.  But, the softer, muted tone sort of works with her.  I sincerely believe, however, that I owe her a better photo.  If you are out there, please let me know! 


My thanks to you both!





1 comment: