Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Wall Ball: Part 5

Below are two of the artists at the Wall Ball.  The first was a gentlemen working on a beautiful, vibrant painting with amazing bright yellows that was just stunning.  It was this collection of various themes that blended childhood characters with more adult themes.  I tried to get a photo of the art work, but the perspective was lousy.   It just doesn't look good.  So, I am not posting it.  See, I have SOME standards!
This artist was totally engrossed in his painting.  He hardly spoke to anyone while I observed him.  His was the only piece of art on which my daughter bid. 

OK...I have no standards.  It is worth it for you get a sense of the painting.  It was approximately, if memory isn't failing me, 48" square or perhaps 36" x 48".



The other artist worked in fabrics.  She created attire for women that was quite stunning.  Here she is at work in front of her sewing machine!

I managed to talk her into taking a quick break for a better portrait.  She has a great smile!




No comments:

Post a Comment