Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Note of Thanks

Last Monday, the very talented Brigid, author of Home on the Range was gracious enough to mention this little blog as part of her receiving the Liebster Blog Award.  I continue to wonder why anyone really cares about this blog.  It is certainly important and fun for me.   But, I have been noted as being "half a bubble off of center" a few times so it wouldn't surprise me if I was the only one who cared about it.

Regardless of that, I have been very tardy in thanking her.   I was traveling for business last week and the posts that did come up were prepared before I left.  I also didn't have access to a good photo of her.   She is, as many of you know, somewhat careful with her image.  And, the best photo I have, isn't great.  It was taken after "The Flying Incident" when she wasn't at her best and with an older camera.

She alluded, in her Liebster Blog Award post, to "The Flying" incident.   I haven't talked about it much.  But, I do have photographic evidence that it did occur.  It was a small jet that is piloted by a single person.  Once we were in the air, she let me have the controls.

She only had to correct me a couple of times with the basics.  Let's see if I recall:  Oh yes...The two loudest bits of advice she provided were:  "POINTY END FORWARD YOU IDIOT" and "RUBBER SIDE DOWN!  RUBBER SIDE DOWN!"   She seemed to relax a bit after I got those two rules down.

She later told me it took her 4 days to quit shaking.  I did take her some place to get the calming process started.  Such a place needs to be well stocked.





And, capable of a Black and Tan.



And, here she is..hardly shaking at all.


Thanks Brigid for your patience and kindness.

3 comments:

  1. She is an incredible gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (blush). You did really well with the airplane actually, but I'm not going to turn down a Guinness with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubber side down... Sort of like green side up for those laying sod!

    ReplyDelete