Thursday, March 8, 2012

RSA: Booth Bunnies Part 2

As I mentioned in my last post, approximately 75% of attendees are men.   Some of the vendors are keenly aware of this fact and bring in attractions to catch the wandering eye.  I had an interesting chat with an executive from Symantec about this issue.  They have NOT gone down the booth bunny path.  Rather, they bring in their own employees who are knowledgeable about their products.  He also mentioned that some customers or delegates have complained about it.  I was a bit shocked.

Regardless, here are a few portraits of the booth bunnies: 

For the men.
OK...I decided I like blue hair.  Who knew!!!  This vendor had 4 or 5 ladies around their booth during show hours.  They were....crowded.



Ahhhh..I have occasional flashbacks to the 60's and 70's.  I thought it was the music.  DUH... Now I know why!  Groovy!


For the ladies!

This super hero had a tough job!  He wore this outfit most of the time.  He held a pose for several minutes and would then move like a robot.  It was very impressive!   And, Michelle LOVED it!  So, I am going totally on her recommendation that he is HOT.


I am not sure whether to include this guy for the men OR the women.  The "gimmick" was to let the delegates hit him...for fun!  He was wearing a chest protector under that t-shirt.  Now, guys should love this.  You get to HIT someone!   The ladies may like his good looks and solid bod!    I never hit him.  I hit hard.  I hit really hard. Only a few know that.  And, most of them aren't talking.  But, I knew I would do damage in spite of the chest protection.  I did feign one slow attack.  I think he was surprised.  And, one of his booth co-workers commented that they thought I might kill him!  But, I never touched him. 

He was actually hilarious.  I crossed by him several times and he always remembered my name (i.e. Killer)!  I asked him towards the end of the last day whether anyone had actually hit him.  He said a few had..but had been mostly gentle.  The funniest was a gentlemen in his mid to later 60's who took the challenge seriously.  He stopped..took off his suit coat..and was stretching his arms getting ready.  It was a good thing they stopped him.  An old guy laying dead of a heart attack in your booth doesn't attract the attention you want.  But, this guy was GOOD! 


Finally, something clearly for the ladies.  I wondered who took my mawashi after those double Jameson's Wednesday night! 
Enjoy ladies.  I do believe in being fair, ya know.


Again, my sincere thanks to all who were willing to be photographed.  You were all most delightful.

2 comments:

  1. Well not so sure about the last picture as a booth bunny -- I guess whatever makes you happy

    ReplyDelete