Friday, March 9, 2012

RSA: A Session

For those interested in what an exciting session at the RSA Conference might be like, I thought I would show a photos from one of the law sessions.  This particular session started at 8:00 AM and I was there to do photos before the session started.

What was interesting in this session is that a sitting federal judge was on the panel along with a couple of attorneys and VP of antifraud services from a financial institution. The moderator was a senior security architect from a large firm. 

The topic of this session was, "Whose Fault is it that I Didn't Know it Wasn't You-An Update".

The panel discussed two recent judicial decisions where two customers sued their respective banks claiming that the banks did not follow secure practices around wire transfers.  Each of the customers had lost money in fraudulent transfers.

In one case the judge ruled, via a bench verdict, that the bank did NOT follow sufficient security practices and found in favor of the customer.   In the other case, the magistrate judge found that the bank's security practices were reasonable. 

The panel discussed the facts of each case.  The moderator did a great job.  At one point, the two attorney's disagreed with one another.  The moderator simply turned to the crowd and said something like, "Two attorney's disagreeing.  Imagine that!  Fortunately, we have a judge to resolve the issue!" 

Heady stuff for an 8:00 session!

I have several photos of the panel, complete with name plates.  But, it is my practice to not provide full names.  So, I didn't get a clean photo of everyone in the panel, as individuals. 

I liked the moderator.  This guy has style!

One of the attorney's


Another attorney


And finally, the technical support that makes it all possible.  This guy is responsible for queing up the correct presentation and ensuring the microphones and lights are working.  I asked whether I could take his photo and he gave me this!  NICE STYLE!


My thanks to all who sat still long enough for me to get the shot in some rather dark and poor lighting conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment