Monday, April 16, 2012

NRA St. Louis Part 2

I discovered that I tend to wander convention floors.  If I am in a hurry, I can lay out a grid pattern and get through pretty quickly.  But I wasn't in a hurry walking the exhibition hall.  So, I did the 40 years of wandering through the wilderness approach.

After I left the Colt booth, I stopped at Ruger to meet Kelly Glenn-Kimbro.  Kelly has been a professional hunting guide and cattle rancher in SE Arizona for many years.  She started guiding with her grandfather on the family homestead.  She has been an avid Ruger fan for a LONG time and has represented Ruger for over 24 years. 

She was gracious enough to autograph the Ruger sponsored photographs.

I asked her whether she followed any bloggers and I chuckled at her response, "Oh no.  I am too busy to do anything but keep working!"

She was most delightful.  She is a strong, independent woman that fits the role she has taken in life. 

Meet Kelly.


And her daughter, Mackenzie!



My thanks to you both!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! With the whole on call thing that weekend I was missing the attendance. Calls from some of you helped, but I still wanted to be there. The pictures and the commentary made me feel like I WAS there. You have a gift for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigid,

    You were missed by many!

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and Mackenzie are awesome ranchers in AZ!

    ReplyDelete