Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kaldi's in the Afternoon

It was my last full day in St. Louis before the long trip home.  It had been a CRAZY few days with work.  So, with the sun shining and most of the work details addressed, I decided to bring the camera and see about a cup of coffee at my favorite spot.

I sat outside and enjoyed the sun.  It wasn't long before these two charming women appeared and took a table about 10 feet away.  Since the patio was largely deserted, once I finished my coffee, I introduced myself and asked if I could photograph them.

Meet Lizzie!



And, Cristina!  Cristina is from Spain!



They meet around the area about once a month.  Cristina practices her English.  And, Lizzie practices her Spanish!   What a great idea!

They were both quite charming and delightful.  I'm not quite certain Cristina totally understood what was happening.  But, Lizzie assured me she would explain it to her!

My thanks to you both for the conversation, the time, and the photograph!


No comments:

Post a Comment