Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th

This July 4th we celebrate Independence Day. There is no surprise in that, I suppose. We do it every year. I thought about waxing elequently for a few paragraphs about what this means to me. But, I pale by comparison to many great bloggers out there....some of whom I am fortunate enough to call friends.

So, I will do my best to let these images convey my deepest respect for those who have served, those currently serving, and those who will serve, carrying the message of a unique country.

A country where men and women would fight for freedoms granted to them in a simple, and amazingly profound document. The Bill of Rights.


A country where men and women would die for those same freedoms not only for themselves, but for their children and their children's children.


Rest assured, the battle has been fought often in this country's history.


Please take a moment this day, between the beer, brats, and fireworks, and honor those who have served and those who have given the most precious of gift for all of us.



Never forget why they fought. Never give up our own fight for those freedoms. We owe those who went before us and those who will come after us, that same passion and dedication.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day. Hope the little ones aren't running you ragged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One is sick and teething. They did their job and ran me ragged!

    ReplyDelete