Friday, July 13, 2012

Pride 2012: Burlesque Anyone?

Normally my blog subjects are individuals or small groups of people.   Occasionally there are more than two or three in a photograph.  But, this is somewhat of a rarity.

As I turned a corner on the wandering, I ran into this group of women.   I had no idea who they were but I had to ask for a photograph or two.  I was surprised when they announced they wanted a group photo and that behind the tent could be used as a backdrop,  Clearly they were prepared for photographers!

Meet Chow Chow, Beth, Cherry Bomb Jac, Savanah, and Tara.  I am quite certain I do not have their names in the right order.  But, at least I have five names!

The photo above was the first photo I took of the group.   A second had the benefit of a gentleman who sat in the front.  He was having a very delightful time.  And, the ladies were, as well!


I am not certain the photo above is CBJ or one of the troupe.  I just liked the hat!   I do know that Cherry Bomb Jac has a degree in Theater Arts.  She teaches burlesque and performs comedy, songs, and dance alone and with her troupe, the The Wicket Wenches Cabaret.

They performed at Pride on Sunday afternoon.  I was, however, long gone by that time.  Perhaps I can catch another performance sometime.  My sincere thanks to Cherry Bomb Jac and the entire troupe!

No comments:

Post a Comment