Sunday, July 1, 2012

Relay for Life: 4

As I was walking out of the Relay for Life, I met Team St. Louis!  This name obviously caught my eye because of the many trips I make there.  I stopped and asked if they were FROM St. Louis.  But, nope.

It was just a team name with very special significance.

Meet Cheri

Meet Sherie


Meet Bev


They were here to remember Andre who lost his battle with kidney cancer in Oct, 2007.

Finally, I set up and did some time delayed images.  I liked that people could walk right through the frame and leave just a slight trace in the image.  The flourescent wands and neclaces left a nice trail, too.  Almost like ghosts of those remembered are there watching.

Actually, the image below was a complete accident.  I clicked the shutter, set on BULB, and was moving the camera around.  What you are seeing are the luminaries, blurred because of my camera movement.


I stopped this image just as these people were in the frame.  

I rather like the trail left by this walker!

My sincere thanks to Cheri, Sherie, Bev and the hundreds of walkers and volunteers.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I've not done one of those but did 40 miles on my bicyle for a diabetes drive (older bro R. developed diabetes after a debilitating motorcycle accident that kept him prone for a year with multiple surgeries).

    Big hug to all the many who assisted with this, and to you as well.

    ReplyDelete