Thursday, July 26, 2012

Traveling and Surprises

I don't often travel for business.  But, I did have an occasion to "get out of Dodge" recently.  I was couped up in offices the entire time and never got out.  On the journey back, I met these two people.

Meet...the Harpist!


I was at the airport and noticed her wheeling in this large covered object.  I assumed it was either a harp...or a body.  I was a bit relieved to see it was a harp.

She set up and played a beautiful medley of classical music intermixed with the Beatles and several other composers.  It was wonderful.

I never caught her name because I didn't want to interrupt her train of thought. 


The wireless connectivity at that point was horrible.  So, I walked down the concourse to pick up a better signal and sat down in a quiet area.  

Meet Gail:

She walked into the same, small, quiet section of the gate area and sat down.  She gave me the nicest smile (see above!) and a warm, "hello".  So, I asked if I could photograph her for the blog.

This is the second photo I took.  The first had her looking to her right, directly into the window.  I like this one MUCH better.  The shadows are softer and the light less harsh.

Gail is a mechanical engineer who worked on the space shuttle launches!  She was traveling home for her grandmothers funeral.

We had a lovely 10 minute conversation before I had to run.  That's about all the longer any woman can stand me anyway.  

My special thanks to the the wonderful harpist and to Gail.  You both made the trip back much more delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment