Friday, September 7, 2012

The Fair

I don't often get to the fair.  It is crowded and often very warm. But, I decided to make the trip this year and get there early before the crowds and temp got too uncomfortable.

Meet Stephen and Michaela. 


I had been walking around looking for people to photograph.  Most of the people were already seeming a bit hurried and stressed.  But, Stephen and Michaela were sitting quietly and just chatting.  They weren't even eating anything on a stick.....yet. 

I was drawn to Stephen's glasses and camera (a very cool Fuji X100).   They were both relaxed and enjoying the moment.  I introduced myself and they were gracious enough to let me photograph them and gather a little information.

They live in Jersey City and were in town visiting his parents.  Stephen grew up here.  Michaela grew up in Boston.  I asked if she had experienced any culture shock. She laughed and said that she had when she first visited 20 years ago.  Apparently Stephen had told her they had pigs here as big as Volkswagons.  And, she thought he was kidding.  HA!

My sincere thanks to you both!  Enjoy your visit!  And, when you return home to New Jersey, tell them good things about us. 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment