Saturday, November 10, 2012

RIP Mary

Many friends know that my daughter's mother-in-law has been fighting a battle with lung cancer.  She lost her battle early Friday morning, at home.

Meet Mary:


This is not a great photo of Mary.  I wanted to get a photo of her last weekend when I had the chance to visit.  But, she was suffering greatly by then and I did not want to add to the stress. 
I had to crop this image out of a much larger family photo and lost some of the clarity.  But, it does convey a bit of the joy Mary brought to her family and to those of us who were fortunate to know her and her kindness and generocity.  Her home was the focus of wonderful family gatherings filled with laughter, music, and wine. 

In her final days, the family moved a hospital bed into her living room where she should see the backyard and grandkids playing. 

We will all miss you, Mary.  Thank you for your kindness.








No comments:

Post a Comment