Monday, February 25, 2013

Pond Hockey

Minnesota sponors a huge pond hockey tournament during the winter.  It was quite a distance to drive.  But, the weather wasn't bad so I decided to give it a try.

In case you are wondering, I believe over 80 teams show up for 3 days of hockey on a frozen lake. 



I believe they had 20 different rinks set up. 

The temp was about 34.  But, it was dropping and the wind was gusting up to 40 mph.  It wasn't a lot of fun out on the ice.  But, I had a nice time getting a few photos.

I know, this isn't a single portrait.  Think of it as portraits of about 87 people all at once.

2 comments:

  1. You must have been there VERY early. By the time I was headed there it was nearly 30 below with the windchill. Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I was there in the early afternoon. I knew the front was moving in so I tried to get there early. The temp dropped about 10 degrees while I was there.

    ReplyDelete