Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Master Stonemen

My father was a general contractor.  I worked for him during summer vacations from school.  So, I learned about handling tools and building things.

At that time, houses were dwellings.  They often looked nice from the outside.  But, there were also builders that just built tracks of homes that looked pretty much the same.

I really like that over years, many of the tradesmen have taken their skills to a new level.  Many are wonderful artists.   And, they are finding a niche in the home improvement business where people decide to upgrade rather than to move.

Meet Dan:


And meet Ben:

They are the owners of Stoneman Masonry and they tout themselves as "Urban Craftsmen".  They are, in fact, artists, as well.

This is one of the displays they brought into the show.

I loved the tree over the fireplace mantel.  Nicely done gentlemen!

My sincere thanks to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment