Thursday, March 7, 2013

Polar Bear Plunge: Family Volunteers!

As I walked into the main tent, the first stop for people who were volunteers and jumpers, I saw long rows of tables and chairs.  I picked this group at random because I liked how they interacted with one another.  They were having a nice time chatting and smiling/laughing.

Meet Peggy, Lisa, and Sandy!


I introduced myself and, to my surprise, Peggy said, "I know that name!"  We had graduated from high school together over 100 years ago.  I know that Peggy doesn't look that old.  But, I do!

Lisa is Peggy's daughter.  And, Sandy is Lisa's mother-in-law!  They were a family supporting Lisa's daughter, who has Downs Syndrome. 

They even had a granddaughter jumping! 

It was lovely to run into you again Peggy!  And, my sincere thanks to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment