Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bud Grant

Meet Bud!


As I was wrapping up the Home and Garden show, I realized that Bud Grant was doing a promotional appearance for one of the vendors.  I stood in line for a few minutes to get this photo.

If you don't know, Bud was the coach of the Minnesota Vikings for a number of years when I was a kid and in college.  When he ws there, they didn't play in billion dollar indoor stadiums.  They were outside, in the cold, wind, rain, snow, and mud.  He expected his players to be professional.  And, they were.  He had high standards for the team.  And, we respected that.  It was who we were.

Just before it was my turn, Bud looked up and noticed his daughter and grandson were there.  So, he paused the line (actually me!) and took time to lift his grandson up on the podium and chat with him a bit.  As a grandfather myself, that was MORE than fine.  It was...as it should be.

I was able to help left the little guy off the podium and gently put him on the floor.  Then, I got the photo.  Bud asked if I wanted an autograph.  But, I didn't.  I just enjoyed the moment for what it was...and got this.

Thanks Bud!


No comments:

Post a Comment