Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Northern Spark: Riley again and the Trebuchet!

I learned about the Northern Spark event at the May Day festival when I ran into Riley.  He was building small scale trebuchets that were simply awesome!  He mentioned that he would be there with some larger scale models. 

It was VERY fun to run into him again!   He had built (I know I will get this wrong, but it is what I remember!):  a working model of the Foshe Trebuchet!  This is significant to those from the area because the Foshe Tower was, for a long time, a tallest building in Minneapolis.

Take a look at Riley and his masterpiece!

Here he is pulling the trebuchet down and fastening it.




I liked this image.  This is the Foshe Tower!!!   How cool is that. 

I had hoped this would turn out a bit better.  But, here the trebuchet has launched a color filled balloon into the air with the attempt of hitting a large target about 100 yards away.  The color filled balloons also had a small light inside.  You can just make out the red light about 1.5" above the top of the trebuchet and at 1:00 o-clock.

It was fun to watch.  It was a warm night.  And, Kelly was working hard!   I think he was scheduled to run the Foshe Trebuchet for 8 hours or so. 

AWESOME job, Riley!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment