Friday, September 27, 2013

Playing Star Wars

Occasionally the Big D and Little H get to stay over night at Papas.  I thoroughly enjoy having them visit.  But, I am occasionally in a quandary about how to entertain them. 

So, I have toys.  Lots of toys.  And, they like to play with the toys.

And, I can play with them when they play with the toys.  I help put puzzles together.   I hold the dolly.   I read books.

But, the Big D stumped me a while back when he asked me to play Star Wars.  Huh?

I did my best.

Here are all the Star Wars guys around the camp fire.  Turns out that Darth Vader was having a neighborhood get together.   You know, a bon fire with beer and weenies.


As is usual, people tend to sit with those they know.  So, Luke and the boys are together.

And Darth and the storm troopers are together

Finally, after enough beer, Luke and his father start to talk about the good old times.   Notice, this could get ugly.  They could end up all huggie and stuff.  But, at this moment, their light sabers are at the ready.  It turns out that there was not a light sabre dual that evening and they ended up talking about some Oprah show.

So, the evening was a success.  But, isn't it always like someone to drink to much and pass out.

I was informed that I don't know how to play Star Wars. 

1 comment: