Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving: 2013

There are many people more eloquent, even poetic, than I.  I don't have the gift to put words into verse that can make a person weep as they read them.

I am, I guess, a more simple person.   Maybe just more visual.  I actually have no idea and am a bit too old to do such introspection.  It just....is.

This thanksgiving, I thought about what kind of image would be appropriate. 

Turkey?  No.
Dinosaur in a turkey hat?   No.   But, yes, I have that image!
Food?   No.

Finally, it occurred to me.  The image below is what I want.


To be fair, this is just a symbol.  Certainly I am thankful for this young lady.  But, I am equally thankful for her brother and her two cousins. 

It is more than that.  She is/They are innocent.   She is/They are happy.  She is/They are healthy.  She is/They are...the future.

And we need a future better than the one I see given our world.  We've lost innocence, tolerance, and joy. 

I am thankful she still has it.  And, I will fight to ensure she keeps it.....for a long time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment