Monday, December 16, 2013

McCabes Guitar Store: Taylor Night Prelims 1

 
It has been a long time since I've wandered around a guitar store.  Frankly, for a while I was too busy playing to bother with new toys.  And, then I got busy and decided there were other bad habits hobbies that would consume my dollars. 
 
But, I had the opportunity to fly to LA for business a few weeks ago.  And, while there, met a good friend who is also a guitar player.   Since he knows the area, he invited me to a Taylor Guitar night at McCabes Guitar store in Santa Monica. They have a HUGE...did I say "HUGE" selection of acoustic instruments from a variety of manufacturers.  And, you can always walk in and hear someone playing.
 
It's been there since 1958.  And, anyone who is anyone has been there.  It was my second trip, I think.  The first trip was probably in 2000 or so.  This time I came prepared with my camera.  And, I had a great time.
 
Before the Taylor show, I wandered around taking photos of the various guitars and decorations.
 
I had to smile when I saw this. 

It was near the front door, next to the cash register.    I am not sure it was meant as a warning.  It was more of a .......I have no idea.  But, I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment