Monday, January 13, 2014

Re-visiting Kaldi's in St. Louis: 1

With the holidays, I had a wonderful excuse to visit Big S, my daughter in St. Louis.  It is, of course, fun to play with the boys, Big J and Little J.  But, it is equally nice to escape for quiet at one of my favorite coffee spots:  Kaldi's.

This morning, I sat at a large table in one corner.  The table takes up most of the corner.  And, there were three people sitting there engaged in conversation.  So, I assumed they all knew one another. 

As I was wondering about interrupting them and asking to take their photo, they politely drew me into their own conversation.  I believe it was something innocuous, like the weather.

Meet my three coffee companions that morning.

As it turns out, I am not certain the gentlemen knew the woman.  They just happened to be sitting together and engaged in conversation.

The gentlemen below hasn't sent me any details as to his identity.


Meet Todd!

I noticed a couple of bicycles in front and I suspected at least one of the riders was Todd.  There was enough riding clothing around to give even me a clue!

It turns out that he is an avid bicycle enthusiast and rides the MS 150 Bike Tour each year.  He has a passionate interest in MS because of a family member that suffers from it.   He is one of the top 5 fund raisers in MO for this event! 


Meet Molly!

Molly grew up in the St. Louis area and has moved away.  It was time for her to get some quiet time and escape to a coffee shop, too! 
After the guys left, we chatted a lot about life in Mexico (I seem to recall that is where she lives now). 

My sincere thanks to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment