Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow Shoeing on Christmas Afternoon

The temperature was a bit mild and I decided it was time to get out and walk a bit.  I've had snow shoes for some time but, haven't really used them.  It was time.

I must admit I am not thrilled with the photos of the woods.  They are just too cluttered and lack any focus/purpose.


Not even the sunlight trying to peek through the trees turned out very well.  Again, too much clutter and no purpose of the photo that draws your eyes.


We made a turn out to the river and decided to walk back on the snow and ice.
You can actually see the snow mobile tracks to the left of the photos.


It was about 1 minute after the above photo was taken that I broke through the ice into the river.  Fortunately, my son-in-law, (see below) took pity on me and helped me get out.


It was a good thing I gave him a nice Christmas gift.  If I hadn't, he may have left me!

All in all, no harm to the old guy.  My feet were cold and encased in some ice.  But, we didn't have far to go.  And, being a true son-in-law, he kept prodding me on by hitting me with his pole.

OK...that part isn't true.  But, I did fall through the ice and he did help me get out. 

Thanks A!  

No comments:

Post a Comment