Sunday, March 2, 2014

RIP Maggie

It is with sadness that I announce the passing of Maggie.



She was a wonderful little dog.   She ran my parents household and was very able to communicate what she wanted.  And, she didn't quit until she got it.

She is responsible for my parents good health.  She expected at least 3 walks a day.  And my father, now 86 years old, did his duty and walked her, often for a mile on each walk (weather permitting). 

He once had a small heart issue and passed out on the walk.   Maggie waited next to him for nearly 10 minutes until he regained consciousness, picked himself up, and finished the walk.

Neither Maggie or my dad told my mom anything about passing out and falling down.  Maggie was good at keeping her mouth shut about such things.  When my father went to visit his cardiologist the next week to downloaded information from his pacemaker as part of a routine check, the doctor asked, "So, what happened to you last Thursday at about 2:30 PM?"  My dad had to come clean.  My mother was not amused.  But, Maggie never ratted dad out.   By the way, I totally get this. 

She had a wonderful life.   She gave more love than she got.   And, sometimes she was a pain in the ass.

She will be missed.

RIP Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment