Sunday, April 13, 2014

2014 Phishapalooza Fund Raiser

Over the last couple of years, I have heard of a wonderful fund raising event for children's cancer research.  But my schedule rarely was open.   Dubbed "Phishapalooza", one of the local vendors I know gets companies to kick in some funds to cover food, etc.   And, there is a requested, and totally voluntary donation request from anyone who attends.

This year, I decided to attend.

For those living in warmer climates, let me point out how this works.

The air temp is 4F.  Yes..that's cold.  The wind chill made it about -15F.
You drive on the ice.  Yes...those cars are parked in the middle of a lake.   On the ice.  Yes...that's right.



Then, find the big white tent, hoping like crazy someone has heat in there.  And, I want to give a hat tip to all the sponsoring companies.   Well done!


The requisite group photo!

Look for more photos of this event this week!

Well done, Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment