Saturday, May 31, 2014

Curling. On the Ice with Friends

OK, I didn't go on the ice.  I know better.   I banged my head on the ice when I was about 8 and I still suffer the effects of it.  Just ask my mother!

Meet Claude and Angie!


Carefully studying the next thrower and rock.

And, getting ready to pounce on the rock as it goes by.  

I learned that you can only sweep to speed up the rock as it travels down the ice.  So, if your team throws, you can sweep.  The opposing team can't interfere. 

I did suggest a rule change, of course, so that you could play defense while sweeping.   But, it was quickly rejected as likely leading to something like hockey without any protective equipment.  Now, I still think that would be interesting. 

Thanks Angie and Claude!

No comments:

Post a Comment