Friday, May 2, 2014

Festival du Voyageur: A Translator!

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I flew from -5F to 82F for business.  I want to point out that it goes the other way, too.

I have occasion to travel to Winnipeg for business.  And, I was fortunate to have a business trip at the same time as the Festival de Voyageur.    This is a wonderful celebration of the French Canadian history in the area.

So, I made two trips to the Festival.  The first, a Sunday night after flying in.  It was a bit on the chilly side. 

Since French is openly spoken, and much preferred during the festival, I needed a translator! 

Meet Angie!


She was a delightful, charming, and helped me arrange tickets and transportation to the event. 

They have wine that you can drink, outside, in ice glasses!!   This drink is called Caribou.  I am not exactly sure it is wine.   But, it had a bit of a kick to it!



How cool is that?  (OK..just a bit of a pun, intended!)

Thanks Angie!

No comments:

Post a Comment