Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sept 11th. May We Never Forget

It is amazing to me that so many years have passed and yet this still seems as a vivid memory.   I can scarcely imagine the terror of those on the flights, as they realized their fate.


And, I have seen images taken of the towers.  Some of those people waiting...hoping...praying for help.  Others, realizing there was no hope took matters into their own hands as to how they chose to perish.

Evil still lurks in the shadows.   It is not just in extremist religious views.  But, it is in intolerance of any part.  It is in the lack of respect for those who are different than us.   If we fail to understand tolerance, and embrace it, the hatred and killing will never cease.

We are responsible for one another.   I take that seriously.   I try to be kind and gentle.  I try to be open to the thoughts, opinions, and lives of others.   But, I cannot tolerate those who will harm others for their own beliefs.  These people must be stopped.







No comments:

Post a Comment