Monday, January 19, 2015

Traveling and Encountering Art: The Detroit Airport

I travel occasionally for business.  It is easy to just rush from Point A to Point B and not be aware of what is around you.   This was my second trip through the Detroit airport in a few months.  I hadn't been through Detroit in a long time.  A lot had changed.  But, if you haven't been there, think of a VERY long rectangular room.  VERY long.   The gateway to baggage and through security is in the middle.

This fountain was in the middle.


Timed to go off and spout water in different patterns, I have to admit I smiled when I saw it.  Maybe there is something about water that just makes you want to be a kid, again.  I know there were constantly people stopping by and looking at it.  

The first time through, I didn't have my camera.  When I realized I would be going through Detroit again in a few months, I brought the camera fully intending to get a few photographs of the fountain.



I really like it.  I wonder if it will fit in my living room. 


To whomever put it in the Detroit airport....well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment