Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Traveling for Business: Winnipeg Things to Do!

I really don't like hanging around the hotel room when I travel.  But, often that is the best of several other alternatives.  If I went out and drank at the bar, I would soon be feeling lousy and missing work.   And, it just isn't healthy!

So, I often eat alone and just head back to the room to watch TV and/or work. 

Unless you have delightful co-workers who suggest fun things to do:  Such as go on a tour of the Manitoba Legislative Building!

Frank Albo spent years studying this building, learning the history of how it was built and the various symbols that are placed in recurring themes about the building.  He wrote "The Hermetic Code" where we points out the various Masonic "secrets" and symbols.   By pure chance, he was giving a tour one night I was there.  And, a few of my co-workers invited me to attend!

This was in the lobby before the tour started. 


And, I liked this photo showing the archway into the rotunda.


I was fascinated with the history of the building and was surprised at the number of symbols that were hidden in plain site.   Unless one were a Mason, the symbols would not be noticeable.  Apparently, with the exception of one person, everyone who worked on the building was a Mason.

For more information about this incredible building, see here.

The buffalo, of course, is a symbol of strength and power.   It was part of a matched set, one on each side of the staircase.

No comments:

Post a Comment