Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Twin Cities Gun Owners and Carry Forum: The Support of Law Enforcement

Initially, I think (and this is just my opinion so the facts could be totally something else!) many police officers didn't support the citizen carry movement.  And, over the years, I have had a number of conversations with law enforcement with officers on both sides of the discussion.

One of the most interesting was with an officer who frequents my coffee shop.   He was sitting at a table alone, waiting for other officers to stop in.  He had seen me there many times.  So, I asked if I could sit and chat for a minute.

He said, "Sure".  I asked him what he thought.  And, it was very simple and clear.  He said, "I don't have any issues with it.  I know that if I get into trouble, some citizen who is carrying may be able to help me."  And, he was right.

So, I was very pleased to see law enforcement represented!

Meet Don, the Deputy Chief of Sherburne County.


And, meet Joel, one of his deputies!


Joel doesn't lean that way.  That was me with the camera.  Sorry Joel!

They were also handing out gun safety literature.  Below is a coloring book!


My sincere thanks, officers.   Keep safe out there.   And know that there are many gun owners who have your back.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment