Friday, February 27, 2015

Bailey's in Winnipeg

Bailey's in Winnipeg is a wonder place.  The building was built in 1900 and has housed a number of different businesses.  But, in 1971 it became Oliver's Restaurant and the Old Bailey's Lounge.  It has a wonderful, old style lodge architecture.   There are fantastic oak doors and trim as well as an impressive staircase and various dining options.  

Some say that century-old ghosts can still be seen mingling with staff and guests.  

Meet Jonhn!  He has managed the business for over 25 years.  He was most kind, gracious, and passionate about Bailey's. 


I really like the bar colors and layout.


 

I will be back.  This may be my favorite location (when it is warm enough to walk there!) in all of Winnipeg.

Thanks Jonathan!

By the way, I have been a bit lazy getting a new post up.   But, I liked Jonathan a lot and figured he could stay for a few days.  Tomorrow....back on track with a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment