Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Fort Garry: A Guitarist

Meet Dave!

Dave walked in and started setting up to play guitar while I was at the Fort Garry.  It was late Friday afternoon and I had called it a day and was enjoying a glass of wine with a co-worker.

I was immediately captured by his playing.  I've seen a lot of guitar players.  But, you don't often see a classical and fingerstyle player.  I thoroughly enjoyed his music.



After he had played for about 15 minutes, I asked him if I could play his guitar.  He was gracious enough to say SURE.  So, I played about 15-20 minutes. If you aren't a guitar player, you need to know that letting someone play your guitar is a bit like letting a stranger hold your baby.  You get protective!

I will be looking for him again on my next trip!  And, I may even ask if I can play again!

If you are curious, check out his website here!


Thanks Dave! You were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment