Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Home and Garden Show: Habitat for Humanity

Meet Kathryn!

She is a volunteer for the Habitat for Humanity organization.   And, she was more than happy to let me take her photograph as long as I promised to voice her message.  So, here it is:  "Come volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity!"


Seriously, it is a worthwhile cause.   When even a former President of the United States is willing to put on jeans and grab a hammer to help, that catches my attention.

And, the signs about their display told stories of families that have been helped.


What was new to me  was ReStore.  This is where tools can be donated and then sold to other volunteers.  This raises funds for building materials.


Thanks Kathryn!  It was a pleasure meeting you.  And, thank you for being the first volunteer to be photographed by me that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment