Thursday, June 11, 2015

15 years Before the Civil War: A Home

Over the last couple of years, I have wondered about history reenactments and have  tried to find local events where I could find people in period costumes, etc.  I was very pleased to see there was a Civil War reenactment not far from my home.

I had never been to this place and found it was far more than just a civil war reenactment site.  A long road begins the historical journey from the late 1700's or early 1800's through to the 1890's.   You go in by horse drawn wagon.   And, there the "learning" about what life was like can begin.


A rustic home.


And, the lady of the house was doing a wonderful job talking to kids about what life was like. 

 
 The food smelled wonderful.

But, it was warm in the house and the fire didn't help!  No AC back then unless there was a nice cool breeze.


 The free market was alive and well, even in the fur trade.


My sincere thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment