Monday, August 17, 2015

Walking Through Winnipeg: The Cool Gardens

After a long day, I decided to take the camera and go for a walk.  It was time to relax, get some exercise, and see more of Winnipeg.

I walked behind the Museum of Human Rights (which I have yet to visit) and was about to cross a bridge to Saint Boniface, the very French area of Winnipeg, when I encountered a sea of blue flags.

I actually had no idea what this was about, but, I liked it.


It turns out, this is the Citizen Garden and is one of eight public art installations in Cool Gardens, an international design exhibit in Winnipeg.  

There are 2015 small blue flags with a photograph of a person and what that person thinks is "cool".


With a light breeze, it was visually appealing and interesting.


Thanks for the very cool idea, Winnipeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment