Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Today is Holocaust Rememberance Day

Years ago I read "Night" by Elie Wiesel.   It changed my life.  I learned of the horror and evil that human beings can do to one another.  And, I vowed to always resist any thought that could lead to this again.   But it has re-occurred.  Bosnia and Darfur come to mind.   But, there are others.
May we never forget.  Today we remember the Holocaust.   I was privileged to attend a play on one of my travels.    Wiesenthal is a one-man play.  It is simply an actor portraying Simon Wiesenthal, the famous Nazi hunter, on his last day in his office.   He was retiring.    


I am not sure it the actor is going to continue it.  But, if you get a chance, please go.  Simon Wiesenthal dedicated his life to hunting down and bringing to justice, those who were the worst offenders of basic human rights.   They celebrated the murder of thousands.

It still remains......unfathomable.

May we never forget.   A true hero......spent his life quietly, resolutely, bringing people to justice so that those who were murdered will not have done so in vain.

At the end of the play, we were given packages of sun flowers.

I will be planting mine this spring.

May we never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment