Monday, April 17, 2017

The Last Surviving Doolittle's Raider

Today is the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Raid over Tokyo in the early stages of WWII.  In July of 2013, I was invited to attend an air show.  I actually had no idea what I would find in an air show.  But, I was eager to find out. 

Besides a variety of amazing airplanes, was a white, VIP tent.   Who could be in a VIP tent in an airshow.

Meet Dick Cole.  At the time I took this photo, he was one of 4 surviving members of the original Doolittle Raiders.  Lt Col Cole was Doolittle's co-pilot.



Today, at 101 yrs young, he is the last of the original 80 raiders.


It was my sincere pleasure to meet him, shake his hand, and thank him.

Never forget.  For more on this amazing and couragiou mission, check out the Raider site here.

Thank you, Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment