Saturday, July 22, 2017

Transitions

I found out a couple of weeks ago that the company I worked for no longer needed me.   I was...shall we say....not pleased.

Regardless, it was a job...and not my life.   So, I am in transition.

As I was adjusting, I made a trip "up north" to see friends of mine.  There was a reason I went.  He was retiring from farming and he had put most of his farm equipment up for sale at an auction.  I wanted to be there.



That beautiful yellow flower is canola.  That's what he grew.  Oh, I think he had some corn and maybe some winter wheat.  But, he had a lot of land with canola.

If you've never seen a farm auction, you should.  It was fascinating.   I watched a man's entire career come down to dollars in 2 hours.

When it was over, I sat with him in his farm house and we shared a beer. 


And, we talked about transitions. 

We will both be OK. 

Thanks C.   And thanks A, for inviting me.   It was lovely.






No comments:

Post a Comment