Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hecks Angels: 1

The Hells Angels are a well known motorcycle gang with more than a "bad boy" reputation.  When scooters started becoming more popular, it was only a matter of time before a "meetup" group called "Heck's Angels" was formed.   It is just like Hell's Angels, except that we meet in coffee shops on Saturday and Sunday mornings. 

I have been a member for a LONG time but have never attended a ride. Most of the rides are in the South Minneapolis or St. Paul area.  That's a long haul on a scooter from my house.   So, I never took the time to go for a ride. 

Until recently.

The Farmers Market was only a 1.5 miles from the meeting point for the Heck's Angels ride.  So, I went!

I have lost this person's name!   But, she was very helpful to a newbie like me!
UPDATED!!  This is Susan!  I ran into her again today (July 21st) and recognized her right away!  She was kind enough to let me take another photo!  Thanks Susan



Imagine, if you can, 25 people motoring together with these babies.  People stopped and stared!

The scooter on the right is very classy.  It is a Featherlight, 250.  It has a lot of chrome.  To my knowledge, there are only a couple of these in the Minneapolis area.


Meet Mary, the proud owner of the Featherlight above. 

Thanks Mary!  And, my apologies to the person at the top.   If you see this post and want to email me your name, please do so and I will update the post!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun.

    Of course I'm going to tell you to wear your helmet. . .but then again I have done that for years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigid,

    I actually thought of that as I road along, the wind whistling through my long, wavy hair.

    Truth be told, I did wear the helmet on the way there and on the way back! Really...I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a "fender light" Vespa GTV, called such for the light on its fender. It's a special edition model meant to evoke the real fenderlight vespas of the 1950s (such as this beauty: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/other-italian-cars/155392-1956-vespa-125-normale-fender-light.html ), but it isn't any different from the standard GTS except for the light being on the fender instead of the handlebars up top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fender Light! My mistake! Thank you for the correction!

    ReplyDelete