Friday, July 27, 2012

Tomato Fest: 1

Since I started the blog, I find myself looking for events where I can find fun and interesting people.  I am basically pretty quiet and boring.  But this little hobby is forcing me to step out of my comfort zone a bit.  It's been wonderful meeting so many nice people.

I noticed that the Midwest tomato fest was scheduled for mid July not far from me.   I emailed the organizers and asked about photographing it for my blog.  They were kind enough to give me a press pass!

So, hang on for several posts of that event. 

One of the curious things that happens when you wander around with a camera and a press pass is that people stop you and ask you to take their photograph!  I don't have to ask them.  They ask me!

I rather like that!

I have no idea who this group is.  But, they were the first to stop me when I got inside!



Below is the Famous Dave's crew.   This was SOOOOO close to being a good photo!   The sun was very bright and I couldn't see the finished image very clearly on the screen.  If I had, I would have tried this one again.   But, I still like it!  They were having fun!

It was HOT.  And, the ladies selling lemonade were doing a great business!

My sincere thanks to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment