Monday, October 1, 2012

Hot Sam's: 1

I have never been to Hot Sam's before.  In fact, I didn't know what it was.  I have, however, driven past it many times and wondered what it was.   If you have driven south of Minneapolis on 35W and gotten near Lakeville, you may have noticed the giant guitar, shark, and submarine to the east of the freeway.  It all belongs to Hot Sam's Antiques. 
 
Once a year, he is gracious enough to open his property to photographers.   Many bring models with them, portable lights, umbrella reflectors, etc.  And, any photographers who are there are welcome to photograph the models for a nominal fee, as long as you don't interfere with the primary photographer who brought them.
 
So, images over the next few days will be of models I met that day.  I often grabbed just a single photograph, sometimes at a bit of a distance, of the subjects.  The lighting was a bit harsh.  So, I am not exactly pleased with the quality of the photographs.  The models were wonderful!  The photographer was lacking. 

Still, it was a wonderful experience.  I will be better prepared next time!
 

The model above was working off a pedestal about 12 feet in the air.  I thought it was the mast of a ship.  Regardless, the sky ended up very bright behind her.   The darker shapes the right left of the photo are black wings she was wearing. 

The sun was hitting the model below directly from her left.  It seemed to wash out her features just a bit.

My sincere thanks to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment