Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Confidence, Grace and Polish

I have women friends and we talk about business trips and sitting in a bar, alone, having a drink.  Men do this all the time.  I've done it.  It gets me out of the hotel room and around other people.  Even if I don't talk to anyone, the social experience is important. 
 
Most of my women friends will not do this.  If they are at a hotel, they get a drink and bring it back to their room. 
 
Meet Doreen!

 

I noticed her sitting alone and assumed she was waiting for someone.  So, I interrupted her and asked whether I could sit next to her for a few photos of other people. I wanted to get the photos before her other party came and took the chair I needed!

She graciously let me sit and get the shots.  Once I got those photos, I turned and thanked her.  This was the look she had.  So, I HAD to ask to take her photo, as well. 

She was, in fact, alone.   "Confidence".  I liked it.  I was trying to figure out what drew me to her portrait.  And, I think that was it.  Confidence.  She wanted to get out and listen to the band and have some great sushi.  So, she did.  Well done!  We briefly chatted and she was grace and polish personified.


Thanks Doreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment