Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Artist: Jean-Jacques Caffieri

Below is a portrait bust of M. de Neuville, the Captain of Artillery and Comptroller General c. 1780.
Throughout his life, he also served as the fermier genereral.  This enabled him to collect taxes before the French Revolution. 
 


I generally find artists amazing.  I have no real talent myself.  Just ask those who  know me!  But, anyone that can take a piece of stone and create this is impressive.   I might be able to make a cube, if it didn't need to be precise.

Unfortunately, I do not believe anyone is going to immortalize me in marble.  They will probably just put me in concrete.  Maybe I will be neighbors with Jimmy Hoffa.

My thanks to the MIA and Oleg for suggesting we meet there!  I haven't been there in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment