Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Years Eve Party: 2013: 1

I had been complaining to a friend that I was running out of portraits for the blog.  My schedule has been crazy for the last three months and I have been focused on work issues.  My friend was kind enough to introduce me to a couple of photographers who invited me to a New Years party, in St. Louis that was more..........adult.  In short, it was a burlesque show, at a bar called Bad Dog, featuring both male and female performers.  And, of course, many of the revelers came in their own costumes. 

At first, I wasn't sure I could take photos there.  But, they assured me I could.  And, after observing a lot of other people taking photos, I decided it was time.  I started wandering around and chatting with people for a while, and finally I spotted my first subject!

The person below had been one of the performers, had just gotten off-stage, and was relaxing in the bar with friends.

I wished I had gotten the stage name!

My sincere thanks!
 

1 comment: