Saturday, September 6, 2014

Red Green

I first ran into Red Green on public television, years ago on a dark and cold February night.  And, I was hooked.   Red Green is the character, and star of the Red Green Show.  I knew nothing about it when I landed on that channel that night.  But, after seeing just the one episode, I was hooked.

Uncle Red, Harold, and a host of other characters from the Possum Lodge let us poke fun at ourselves (as men, of course), and inspired the creative genius of males all over North America as long as you can use the Handy Man's secret weapon...duct tape.

Meet Red Green:


It isn't a great photo.  I took it after his one man show performance in St. Paul.  And, while I thought of bringing the camera to see whether I could get a photo, I decided against it because I didn't think I could get the normal up close and personal photograph that I like.  I was wrong.

After the show, I walked out and I noticed a roped area.  I asked what that was for and was told Red would be stopping to sign autographs and do photos.  So, I stood in line and got this photo with my iPhone.  

It was a sincere honor to meet him and shake his hand.  He has made millions of people laugh in the kindest and gentlest of ways.  And, I thanked him for it.

Thanks Red.   I hope to see you again soon and shake your hand.  It was an honor.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment