Friday, May 4, 2012

Don: The Big Guy!

Don is one of my closest friends.  He knew me over 100 years ago when the wagon trains were heading west.  OK...maybe not QUITE that long ago.  But, he's known me since Jr High.  And, that is a long time ago. 

He introduced me to canoeing and guiding in the BWCA when he was my youth pastor.  And, I spent three summers guiding because of him.

I am actually surprised he survived the ministry after me.   I'm sure I gave him a few appoplectic fits.  But, to this day, we can chat about anything.  And, he officiated at the marriage of both The Big B and the Big S.

He has a daughter who lives in Vegas.  So, when I went to the SHOT show in January, he had space for me! 

Meet Don.  Someday I will need to tell the story of why he likes being called, "The BIG GUY".


And meet Joannie, a good friend who manages to keep Don's dog, and Don, in line!

Thanks Don...for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment