Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shaping the World

As I was leaving the Ren Festival in St. Louis, I noticed a potter.  This was old school.  She was turning the wheel with her feet.

I didn't catch her name.  But, it was quite amazing to get close and watch her bring form, shape, and purpose to a lump of clay.  She mentioned her hands were in terrible shape after years of doing this.





It isn't unlike what you do with kids. You mold and shape them.  The process leaves you older and often exhausted.  But, you have created....something precious.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see her I'm astounded by not just how fast she has grown but how much she looks like you and your children. Those moments with your whole family gathered around, the four grandchildren, are your blessing, not to be replaced by anything less rich.

    It's responsibility and blessing both, neither which are lost on you.

    Big hug, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete