Saturday, December 7, 2013

Candles, Smoke, and Late at Night

I like candles.   And, I like having quiet time at the end of the day.  Typically, I need it just to unwind.   And, if I am not too tired, I try to think of something creative and fun.

So, a few nights ago, after I woke up on the recliner and it was very still.  I blew out the candles and noticed the smoke plume. 

I lit the candle again and got the camera, tripod, and a lens that is built for low light situations.  The images below are taken only with the light of a single candle about 12" away from this one. 



All in all, I liked this.  I may want to tinker with this again.  Of course, it will need to be late at night after a nap and after everyone else is sleeping.  That's when I do my dangerous experiments.


Beauty and grace is all about us.   You just need to pause long enough to see it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment